Friday, November 13, 2009

Fantastic




Is it just me, or do most animated films these days s-t-i-n-k? P.U. Too many body odor jokes, too much irrelevant violence, too much ADHD.

I was perusing Rottentomatoes.com to see if there were any good films coming out (we don't watch TV), and it appears that The Fantastic Mr. Fox is being made into a film. The trailer made it look atrocious - hyperactive, boring, and poorly animated. Then I noticed the TomatoMeter Rating.

91% positive. Hm.

I wondered what the deal was, so I clicked on the link, and found out that it was a surprisingly simple plot that was as entertaining for adults as it was for children. Or something like that. AND I noticed that it was directed by Wes Anderson.

Ah.

I'm wondering, though, if there isn't something to be said for Fantastic. It isn't Awesome, and it isn't Superb. It isn't even Incredible. It is, and always will be Fantastic.

I like that.

And I wonder how much better people respond to things that are Fantastic than to things that are, say, Annoying or Lame or Dumb.

So I've decided to dedicate Fridays to all things Fantastic. Such as the start of the weekend, soup weather, a clean house (not mine), and toddler giggles. Or my Fantastics for today: My husband taking my daughter out for an adventure so that I could spend the morning sleeping and writing, and winning a beautiful necklace from Ruth Parker Jewelry!

Absolutely Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment